- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
This concentration provides students with the analytical and technical skills they need to design and build functional technical systems.
The core course related to this concentration is INFO 1300: Introductory Design and Programming for the Web. CS 2110: Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures is a required course for this concentration.
Some faculty members whose research is related to this concentration include: Dan Cosley, Chris Csíkszentmihályi, Gilly Leshed, Francois Guimbretiere, Kyle Harms, Wendy Ju, Malte Jung, Aditya Vashistha, Qian Yang, and Cheng Zhang.
- Students interested in the hardware and software aspects of computation and interested in building novel tools and interaction mechanisms that could be used to tackle big societal issues.
- Example career paths: (i) Founding a novel wearable startup (ii) part of the development team for Apple's iWatch and their future devices (iii) Graduate study at MIT Media Lab, CornellTech or similar inter-disciplinary programs.
Interactive Technologies Courses
Please reference the Cornell Class Roster for details on the courses below.
- CS 2110: Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
A. Building with Hardware (choose one)
- INFO 4120: Ubiquitous Computing
- INFO 4320: Introduction to Rapid Prototyping and Physical Computing
- CS 3758: Autonomous Mobile Robots
B. Working with Data/Software (choose one)
- INFO 3300: Data-Driven Web Applications
- INFO 4340 App Design and Prototyping
- INFO 4555: Business Intelligence Systems
- CS 4780: Machine Learning for Intelligent Systems
- CS 4786: Machine Learning for Data Science
- CS 5150: Software Engineering
- ORIE 3120: Practical Tools for Operations Research, Machine Learning and Data Science
- ORIE 4740: Statistical Data Mining I
- STSCI 4740: Data Mining and Machine Learning
C. Context/Application Domains (choose one)
- INFO 4130: Health and Computation
- INFO 4152: Advanced Topics in Computer Game Design
- INFO 4154: Analytics-driven Game Design
- INFO 4275: Novel Interaction Techniques
- INFO 4310: Interactive Information Visualization
- INFO 4410: Human Robot Interaction - Research and Design
- INFO 4430: Teams and Technology
- INFO 4505: Computing and Global Development
- INFO 4940: Special Topics - Human-AI Interaction Design Research
- CS 4752: Robotic Manipulation