- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Nicola Dell and a Cornell team explore how trauma may inform tech design to the benefit of all users
By Tom Fleischman for the Cornell Chronicle It’s a common occurrence: Your phone or computer’s operating system runs an automatic update, and all of a sudden things look a little different...
Eight Cornell Bowers CIS Seniors Named Merrill Scholars
By Louis DiPietro Eight graduating seniors from the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science were named Merrill Presidential Scholars, a distinction awarded to a...
Cornell Bowers CIS Honors Historic Class of 2022
By Louis DiPietro Honoring the largest graduating class in its history, the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science handed out nearly 1,300 degrees to the Class of 2022...
Green Receives Early Graduate Career Award
Breanna Green, a doctoral student in the field of information science, is a 2022 recipient of an Early Graduate Career Award from Cornell University’s Graduate School Office of Inclusion and Student...
Katie Go ’22 Will Continue to Pursue Non-Profit Success Post-Commencement
College: Computing and Information Science / Arts & Sciences Major: Information Science Hometown: Manila, Philippines It was in Anke Wessels’ practicum...
Bowers CIS Faculty Receive Inaugural Excellence Awards
By Louis DiPietro Ten faculty members from the Cornell Ann S. Bowers College of Computing and Information Science were named recipients of the college’s inaugural excellence awards. Among the...
Cornell Tech to Host Learning at Scale Conference
By Louis DiPietro Cornell Tech will host the 2022 ACM Conference on Learning at Scale beginning Wednesday, June 1. The three-day, hybrid conference gathers scientists and...
Automation, Design, and Usability Highlight Massive Project Showcase
By Louis DiPietro Forty-seven projects from innovators in four Information Science courses filled the Gates Hall atrium on Thursday, May 12, as part of a massive semester-end showcase in hardware...
Celebrating the Class of 2022: Natalie Kalitsi
By Natalie Kalitsi Information Science and French Washington, D.C. What are the most valuable skills you gained from your education? Definitely intellectual...