- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Cornell’s commencement weekend scheduled for May 29-30, 2021 will be held in-person as explained in President Pollack’s message to May 2021 graduates. The Information Science Department ceremony will be announced after the University Commencement is scheduled. Please check back here for updated information
Future Department Graduation Dates
Friday, May 28, 2021
Friday, May 27, 2022
Friday, May 26, 2023
Friday, May 24, 2024
- Application to Graduate for CALS and Arts & Science students – All Info Sci students in CALS and the College of Arts & Sciences are required to submit, electronically, an official Application to Graduate (Part 1: College Requirements and Part 2: Major Requirements). For CALS students, please visit the CALS Important Forms and Policies page. For A&S students, please visit A&S's Applying to Graduate page.
- College of Engineering Graduation Review – Between the second semester of junior year and before the end of the first semester of senior year, Info Sci students from the College of Engineering need to meet with one of the advisors from 110 Gates Hall to go over the degree requirements/student checklist and make certain that they know what outstanding requirements need to be completed in order to graduate. Students should either make appointments with the advising staff or visit during office hours. Appointments are encouraged.
In order to be cleared for graduation, MPS students must submit the two forms listed below.
- Submit your Final Checklist by Dec 15. You will be sent the checklist form via email by the Information Science Graduate Program Office. It is important this is filled out correctly and in full. You should only include the courses that actually count toward your 30 credits to fulfill the degree requirements. Extra courses such as PE or non-4000 level courses should not be included on the checklist. However, if you were given special permission by the MPS Director Gilly Leshed to have a course not listed on the approved course list count toward your degree requirements, you must provide the approval email from Gilly along with your final checklist.
- Submit the Postgraduate Survey by Dec 15. All MPS students are required to submit the Postgraduate Survey regardless if you have secured employment or not. You will be able to update your status, and we want you to do this when you have secured a job. It is extremely important to us to have this information in order to continue to serve our students and to grow our program.
If you have any questions or trouble with your checklist or Post Graduate Survey please contact Barbara Woske, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cap and Gown Rental
Head to the University's Commencement page to order your optional Keepsake Cap & Gown. Your order must be ordered by July1. Cap and gown will be shipped.