- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Affiliated students must continue to meet college requirements for good standing. In addition, students in the ISST major must meet the following criteria for good standing at the end of each semester:
- Semester GPA of greater than or equal to 2.0
- A semester GPA of greater than or equal to 2.3 in all courses used towards the ISST major and all math courses required by the Engineering college
- A grade of C- or above (S counts for courses taken in Spring 2020*) in ENGRD 2110, ENGRD 2700, and all courses used towards the ISST major. Note: For each of these courses, a grade of C- or better is required for the course to count toward ISST major graduation requirements. If a student receives a lower grade, then the course must be retaken.
Note: For each of these courses, a grade of C- or better is required for the course to count towards ISST major graduation requirements. If a student receives a lower grade, then the course must be retaken.
- Satisfactory progress (a minimum of 14 credits per semester)
- No failing grades
- Take at least two core major classes the first semester after a student affiliates.
* The Information Science department cannot know how graduate schools, employers, and so on, will evaluate S grades.