- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
This concentration will provide students with an in depth understanding of the design process leading to the creation of successful, enjoyable technology-based user experience. The focus is on a hands-on learning experience traditional in design, while keeping in mind the impact of one's design on society at large.
The core courses related to this concentration are INFO 1300: Introductory Design and Programming for the Web and INFO 2450: Communication and Technology.
Some faculty members whose research is related to this concentration include: Shiri Azenkot, Tanzeem Choudhury; Dan Cosley; Francois Guimbretiere; Kyle Harms; Malte Jung; Gilly Leshed, and Cheng Zhang.
- Academic careers related to human-computer interaction; focusing on the creation of new artifact.
- Related job titles: interaction designer, user experience designer, user experience architect, usability analyst, user research associate.
UX Design Courses
Please reference the Cornell Class Roster for details on the courses below.
A. Core Principles of Design (choose one)
- INFO 3450: Human-Computer Interaction Design
- INFO 4400: Advanced Human-Computer Interaction Design
- INFO 4410: Human Robot Interaction - Research and Design
B. Design in Context (choose one)
- INFO 2921: Inventing an Information Society
- INFO 4240: Designing Technology for Social Impact
C. Knowing the User (choose one)
- INFO 3400: Personal Relationships and Technology
- INFO 3460: Crowds, Communities, and Technology
- INFO 4430: Teams and Technology
- INFO 4450: Computer-Mediated Communication
- COMM 4380: Communication in Virtual Worlds
- PSYCH 3420: Human Perception: Application to Computer Graphics, Art, and Visual Display
D. Knowing the Technology (choose one)
- INFO 3152: Introduction to Computer Game Design
- INFO 4130: Health and Computation
- INFO 4154: Analytics-driven Game Design
- INFO 4275: Novel Interaction Techniques
- INFO 4310: Interactive Information Visualization
- INFO 4320: Introduction to Rapid Prototyping and Physical Computing
- INFO 4340: User Experience and Software Development Studio
- INFO 4420: Human Computer Interaction Studio
- CS 5150: Software Engineering