- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
This concentration will provide students with an in-depth understanding of the design process leading to the creation of a successful, enjoyable technology-based user experience. The focus is on a hands-on learning experience traditional in design, while keeping in mind the impact of one's design on society at large.
The core courses related to this concentration are INFO 1300: Introductory Design and Programming for the Web and INFO 2450: Communication and Technology.
Some faculty members whose research is related to this concentration include: Shiri Azenkot, Sharlane Cleare, Francois Guimbretiere, Kyle Harms, Malte Jung, Gilly Leshed, Jeff Rzeszotarski, Aditya Vashistha, Qian Yang, and Cheng Zhang.
- Academic careers related to human-computer interaction; focusing on the creation of new artifacts.
- Related job titles: interaction designer, user experience designer, user experience architect, usability analyst, user research associate.
UX DESIGN COURSES
Please reference the Cornell Class Roster for details on the courses below.
A. Core Principles of Design (choose one)
- INFO 3450: Human-Computer Interaction Design
- INFO 4400: Qualitative User Research and Design Methods
- INFO 4410: Re-Designing Robots
B. Design in Context (choose one)
- INFO 2921: Inventing an Information Society
- INFO 4240: Designing Technology for Social Impact
- INFO 4420: Human Computer Interaction Studio
- INFO 4505 (Previously offered as INFO 4940): Computing and Global Development
- INFO 4940: Special Topics - Human-AI Interaction Design Research
- INFO 4940: Special Topics - Intelligent User Interfaces
- INFO 4940 Special Topics - Good Tech, Bad Tech
- INFO 4940: Special Topics - Technology and Underserved Communities
- INFO 4940: Special Topics - Technology and Social Change Practicum
- INFO 4940 - Special Topics: Design Thinking, Media, and Community
C. Knowing the User (choose one)
- INFO 3460: Crowds, Communities, and Technology
- INFO 4430: Teams and Technology
- INFO 4450: Computer-Mediated Communication
- INFO 4490 (Previously offered as INFO 3400): Social Behavior and Technology
- INFO 4940 Special Topics - Project Management
- COMM 4380: Communication in Virtual Worlds
- PSYCH 3420: Human Perception: Application to Computer Graphics, Art, and Visual Display