- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Vox Video: Automation is Coming for Truckers
In their second of a six-part video series on the future of work, Vox focused on automation in the American trucking industry. Naturally, they called on Info Sci’s own Karen Levy to lend her...
Student Spotlight: Lola Legrand, MPS '18
Lola Legrand (Info Sci '17, MPS ’18) is savoring her time as a graduate student and making the most of it. Her ambitious class schedule clocks in at 19 credit hours this semester,...
'We Burned a Couple of Things' - Learning to Build in INFO 4320
Twenty student-designed innovations – robotic drink-makers, spiderbots, music sequencers and much more – poured, drew, and played familiar tunes during Info Sci’s annual Rapid Prototyping demo day on...
Barocas on Ethics of Data Science in Practice
Info Sci’s Solon Barocas, along with Data & Society Founder/President Danah Boyd, team up to craft this thoughtful commentary on the current divide between data scientists and critics of...
Organize, Build and Launch a Company. All in a Single Weekend.
Weary from a weekend blitz fueled on entrepreneurship and caffeine, Cornell students representing numerous fields of study emerged from creative spaces around Gates Hall Sunday night with four start-...
Julien Wormser (Is '12) On Harnessing Opportunities
Running a successful start-up company hadn’t been in Julien Wormser’s plans as an undergraduate in Cornell Information Science. Long before he cofounded Servy, Wormser was uncertain which...
Dining Platform Acquires Info Sci Alum's Start-up
It’s impossible for restaurateurs to know what every guest thinks about their dining experience. Was their entrée cooked to perfection? Has the wait staff been more than accommodating? What would...
Understanding the Trolling Virus
The dreaded Comment section is a notorious wasteland for trolls and miscommunication, where any chance for civil discourse is promptly squashed by disagreements giving way to personal insults. Who...
On the Open Road, Under a Watchful Eye
Digital monitoring systems equipped on semi-trucks are intended primarily to ensure long-haul truck drivers are accurately logging their driving hours and thus minimizing the risk of accidents....