- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- High-stakes decisions from low-quality data: Learning and planning for wildlife conservation
- Dynamic Allocation of Scarce Resources
- Augment Human Thought and Creativity with the Power of AR and AI
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Student App Developers Enrich Life on Campus and Beyond
This article originally appears at Cornellians Want to know when the next bus is coming to take you from Collegetown to the Ithaca Wegmans? Curious about what’s on the menu at Okenshields,...
WARNING: Parents on Social Media
Parents often share photos and stories of their children online. It can be a way to express adoration for their children and to connect with distant loved ones. This practice now has a name:...
Wearables, Robotics Highlight Info Sci Student Showcase
By Louis DiPietro Dozens of projects from student designers and makers from three Information Science courses occupied the Duffield Hall atrium on Thursday, Dec. 9 as part of a joint semester-end...
Williamson Receives 2022 Steele Prize for Seminal Research Contribution
This story was adapted from a press release originally published on the American Mathematical Society website. Michel Goemans and David Williamson, professor and chair of the...
Smartphone Use Contributes to Teacher ‘Technostress’ in India
By Jana Wiegand for the Cornell Chronicle In India, where teachers increasingly rely on their personal devices to do their jobs both in and outside the classroom, growing smartphone use is...
New Initiative Elevates Cornell as Leader in Artificial Intelligence
By Louis DiPietro for the Cornell Chronicle Cornell is launching a bold new initiative in artificial intelligence that will expand faculty working both in core areas, as well as the nearly...
Karen Levy: Studying How Tech Can Be Used to Track Our Daily Lives
This piece originally appeared at Cornellians on November 29, 2021. Amid the wall décor in Karen Levy’s Gates Hall office—across from an assortment of trucker memorabilia and a signed photo of...
arXiv Founder Ginsparg Wins Einstein Foundation Berlin Award
By Linda B. Glaser of the Cornell Chronicle The inaugural Einstein Foundation Berlin Award for Promoting Quality in Research by the Einstein Foundation has been awarded to Paul Ginsparg,...
Lillian Lee Receives 2021 Association for Computational Linguistics Distinguished Service Award
By David LaRocca for the Cornell Chronicle The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) awarded its 2021 Distinguished Service Award to Lillian Lee, the Charles Roy Davis...