- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Human-robot Interaction Prof In Christian Science Monitor
Info Sci Field Faculty Guy Hoffman shares his insight with the Christian Science Monitor on how robots have the capability to evoke human emotions, but actually connecting with humans is a...
Biennial Project Addresses Race And Empathy
Info Sci's François Guimbretière is among the project leads for the Cornell Race & Empathy Project, a soundbooth located in Albert R. Mann Library where visitors can listen and...
Arxiv Turns Xxv
arXiv – "Archive", the preeminent pre-print repository created by Info Sci's Paul Ginsparg, celebrates its 25th year in 2016. As nature points out in this excellent editorial,...
Murnane, Info Sci Coauthors Win Best Paper At Mobilehci 2016
Info Sci PhD Elizabeth Murnane and her Cornell colleagues were recognized for their forward-thinking research at the MobileHCI 2016 conference held in Florence, Italy, this month. The...
Gillespie Quoted In Wsj Story On Facebook Censorship
The Wall Street Journal asked Tarleton Gillespie, adjunct associate professor of Communication and Information Science, for his thoughts regarding Facebook's widely criticized censorship of...
Cornell At Ubicomp 2016
Once again, scholars representing Cornell Information Science – from both the Ithaca and New York Tech campuses – have a stack of accepted papers at this year's ACM International Joint...
CIS Study Finds Gender Bias In Sports Journalism
“That was a great game! How’s your love life?” A perplexing question, in more ways than one, to ask an athlete. But it happens, and it’s worse for women, according to Cornell researchers. A...
Info Sci Welcomes New Faculty Members
Our growing department added three more innovators, each a leader in their respective fields of study. Here's who will be joining our faculty this fall: Solon Barocas will join Information...
Cornell At 4s/easst Conference 2016
This week, Cornell University researchers will be in Barcelona for this year's 4S/EASST Conference, a joint conference between two scholarly groups – Society for Social...