- Message from the Chair
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Content Curation in Online Platforms
- Generative AI for the Cyberphysical World
- Making Better Decisions with Human-AI Teams
- Operationalizing Responsible Machine Learning: From Equality Towards Equity
- Data Values: Digital Surveillance and the New Epistemology of Psychiatry
- Computational Methods for Police Oversight and Reform Under Incomplete Data
- Why the First Amendment Protects Misinformation, and Why It Should Continue to Do So
- Tech / Law Colloquium
- IS Engaged
- Graduation Info
- Ethics and Politics in Computing Colloquium
- Info Sci Colloquium
- Contact Us
- Computational Social Science
- Critical Data Studies
- Data Science
- Economics and Information
- Education Technology
- Ethics, Law and Policy
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Incentives and Computation
- Infrastructure Studies
- Interface Design and Ubiquitous Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Network Science
- Social Computing and Computer-supported Cooperative Work
- Technology and Equity
Photos: Info Sci Commencement 2017
Graduates, family and friends, grab some of your favorite memories from the Information Science Commencement, held on Saturday, May 27, from this huge gallery of photos.
Robots, Ubicomp Tools on Display at Student-Led Cornell Demo
Innovation was everywhere you looked recently in the Gates Hall third-floor lounge. Team Koadar Health – Kaiwen Zhong and Adisa Soren – offered activity tracking for manual wheelchair users...
Ginsparg Recognized as Pioneer in Open Access Information
Info Sci's Paul Ginsparg will be one of five boundary-breaking scientists to receive an honorary doctorate from Vrije Universiteit Brussel later this month. VUB has recognized Ginsparg – the creator...
Technology as Companion-Coach
This article, written by Amanda Garris, appears in the latest edition of PeriodiCALS, the magazine of Cornell University's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Cell phones have put...
MPS Student Starts 3D Modeling Company
This article appears courtesy of Cornell's College of Arts & Sciences. “I really like starting and building things,” says Val Mack ‘16, an Arts & Sciences alum and current MPS student...
VIDEO: MPS Visit Day 2017
On Monday, April 10, 2017, the Department of Information Science welcomed incoming Master of Professional Studies (MPS) students to Cornell's Ithaca campus for Visit Day. The one-day event included a...
Cornell Info Sci at WWW 2017
Cornell University and Cornell Tech combined to contribute more than a dozen papers to the 26th annual World Wide Web conference (WWW), the world’s longest-running and most prestigious...
Info Sci's Choudhury Presents at TEDMED
Tanzeem Choudhury's mobile-health startup, HealthRhythms, received some serious attention last year when the behavioral-health system was selected as a TEDMED "Hive" pick, a recognition of...
Data Vision: Demystifying Algorithms and Analysis
Like art, algorithms have a way of skirting a clear, consensus definition. Algorithms are indeed the foundational tools at the heart of much of our everyday computing – the ephemeral inner gears...